Proxmox VM storage question

newpain01

Nov 14, 2022
Finally setting up my Proxmox server and I can't figure out how to store VMs on a separate drive. I have 4 SSDs, 2x 240GB in ZFS Mirror for Proxmox and 2x 480GB in ZFS Mirror for the VMs. During the Proxmox installation, I went to Advanced and selected ZFS mirror for the 2x 240GB SSDs, and selected 'do not use' for the other two. Now after installation, I went to pve and created a ZFS pool for the virtual machines and selected to use ZFS Mirror for the 2x 480 drives.

The problem is, when I go to create a virtual machine, I can only select "local (pve)" which is on the 240GB drive. I have no option to create a virtual machine on the 480GB ZFS pool. I am wondering what I did wrong?
Pictures below:
Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 12.18.19 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-27 at 12.16.14 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-27 at 12.15.47 AM.png

That's the storage for the iso image. You'll be able to select your install media from that tab.
Further on in the Disks tab you will select the vm disk to install to.

Reactions: newpain01

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!