Proxmox Virtual Environment 6.3-2 VM issues

srmvel

Mar 16, 2021
Hi All,

I noticed that,some of the VMs(more than 5 VMs in the same HV) were not working(shutdown option from GUI). I started troubleshooting with the below syslogs and stopped via command line.

We like to know the cause why it is happening like that?

tail -50 /var/log/syslog

ar 24 15:06:40 HV01-proxmox1 pvestatd[1181]: VM 1003 qmp command failed - VM 1003 qmp command 'query-proxmox-support' failed - unable to connect to VM 1003 qmp socket - timeout after 31 retries
Mar 24 15:06:43 HV01-proxmox1 pvestatd[1181]: VM 106 qmp command failed - VM 106 qmp command 'query-proxmox-support' failed - unable to connect to VM 106 qmp socket - timeout after 31 retries
Mar 24 15:06:43 HV01-proxmox1 pvestatd[1181]: status update time (12.388 seconds)
root@HV01-proxmox1:~# qm stop 106
VM quit/powerdown failed - terminating now with SIGTERM
VM still running - terminating now with SIGKILL
root@HV01-proxmox1:~# qm stop 109
VM quit/powerdown failed - terminating now with SIGTERM
VM still running - terminating now with SIGKILL
root@HV01-proxmox1:~#

Thank you,
Raj

HI! I have the same issue with lots of VM's after upgrading to pve-manager/6.3-6/2184247e
VM's look like they are running in GUI, but I cant connect to them, and Console doesn't work.
UPD: Restarting and migrating VM's don't solve the problem

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.my version also same.

pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 6.3-1 (running kernel: 5.4.73-1-pve)
pve-manager: 6.3-6 (running version: 6.3-6/2184247e)
pve-kernel-5.4: 6.3-7

Any workaround or permanent solution is there?

Thank you for your response.
If im not able to stop via GUI, then use command line to stop it. Then start the vm from the same node. If you cannot do it, migrate the vm to another node and start the virtual machines.

Hi,

the migration approach should work. You can find a little more information about this in this thread: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/p...ery-proxmox-support-has-not-been-found.80405/

Please make sure to upgrade to the most recent version of Proxmox VE.

If many virtual machines are affected, you might want to perform the migrations on the command line using qm.
It works only for 1-2 days. I migrate freezed VM between nodes in cluster every 2 days. PVE updated to latest version

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominic
Hi Dominic,
My version is as follows,

pveversion -v | grep -E "proxmox-ve|kvm|backup-client"
proxmox-backup-client: 1.0.9-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 5.2.0-3

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Raj

Hi Dominic,
My version is as follows,

pveversion -v | grep -E "proxmox-ve|kvm|backup-client"
proxmox-backup-client: 1.0.9-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 5.2.0-3

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Raj
Hi, are your repositories configured correctly? When was your last upgrade? pve-qemu-kvm must have version 5.2.0-4 instead of 5.2.0-3. You should be able to obtain version 5.2.0-4 with the no-subscription-repository already.

Hi Dominic,
Thanks for your valuable update.We have not upgraded the proxmox lab environment recently also repo configured correctly.I will check and update the PVE KVM version drom 5.2.0-3 to 5.2.0-4.
I will let you know once done.

Reactions: Dominic

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!