May 10, 2010
Hello,

when i install proxmox ve 4 on my server i get the following error:

Setting up pve-manager (4.0-26) ...
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1
dpkg: error processing package pve-manager (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any help is much appreciated :D

Please try:

dpkg --configure -a

Are you installing from ISO or on top of Debian ?

Are yout trying to insall Promox on top of a fresh minimal debian install ?

I will try this locally.

Well here is works.
Debian Jessie, on top of which PVE is installed requires systemd.
Can you check that systemd is isntalled on your system with the following command ? Maybe your provider has disabled it:

[[ `systemctl` =~ -\.mount ]] && echo yes || echo no

if the answer is no my advice would be to ask your provider to do an install from the PVE iso for you.

You can also change from server hoster ;) Some of them (OVH, Online have a Promox install option)

Many thanks for your assistance!

I typed [[ `systemctl` =~ -\.mount ]] && echo yes || echo no and i get the same error again.

I will follow your advice and change my hoster

So im looking for a hoster in germany since i plan to host gameservers and i want them as close as possbile to me:cool:

Again much thanks for the work you put in to help me.

Well what was the output of ?
[[ `systemctl` =~ -\.mount ]] && echo yes || echo no

I have the same problem, but it's my own server (not a debian with the proxmox, but the proxmox distrivution itself), I followed the Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0 manual, I have installed systemd but I get this error not just trying to intall pve-manager, but each time that I try to use systemctl.
Can you help me please?

Edit: I forgot one step, now it works fine.

Last edited:
I have the same problem, but it's my own server (not a debian with the proxmox, but the proxmox distrivution itself), I followed the Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0 manual, I have installed systemd but I get this error not just trying to intall pve-manager, but each time that I try to use systemctl.
Can you help me please?

Edit: I forgot one step, now it works fine.

I get same error, on a upgrade from 3.x to 4.0.

What did you do?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!