Proxmox VE 7.4 released!

Hi,
This was during migration and I dont remember the error. But the TEmplate was still AMD EPIC Rome and if we make a new VM from it it says:
kvm: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.0DH:EAX.xsaves [bit 3]
kvm: Host doesn't support requested features
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1
this is because of hardware errata. You need to offline migrate or restart the VM with a model without the flag first: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/cant-use-epyc-rome-cpu-after-update.125336/

Everything fine. WE found out our own way to omit this. But it would be nice to be warned if this CPU is present with CPU declaration in VM Settings.
But the model will work fine for other people not affected by the hardware errata. This would rather need a general check to query the host CPU flags and filter the VM CPU model selection or similar.

But the model will work fine for other people not affected by the hardware errata. This would rather need a general check to query the host CPU flags and filter the VM CPU model selection or similar.
Well I understand that. Fact is we have three identical Hypervisor with AMD EPIC Rome 32 Core and 1 TB RAM with about 500 VM's on it. We are just glad, that nothing happend and we could do the Update and the migration.

This was during migration and I dont remember the error. But the TEmplate was still AMD EPIC Rome and if we make a new VM from it it says:
kvm: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.0DH:EAX.xsaves [bit 3]
kvm: Host doesn't support requested features
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1
ok, this is exactly that. Amd have remove xsaves last year (through microcode update), but linux kernel have also removed supported recently too.

until proxmox8 have new model, you can define your own model

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/cpu-models.conf.5.html
/etc/pve/virtual-guest/cpu-models.conf

Code:
cpu-model: epyc-rome-without-xsaves
    flags -xsaves
    reported-model EPYC-Rome

I have a a Dell PowerEdge R630 width:
iDrac 7
PERC H730 Raid Controller
2 x Samsumg SSD Sas 200Gb 6Gb/s
6 x Hitachi 1.2TB SAS-2

I have configured through IDRAC in the PERC H730 controller the 2 ssd disks in raid 1 and the 6 sas disks in raid 5 with one of them in hot spare.
I want to install proxmox on raid 1 and leave raid 5 for data.
I start the installation process of proxmox 7.4 via a usb with ventoy containing the proxmox iso. During the installation it detects the 2 disks (raid 1 and raid 5) and finishes the process correctly but when the server restarts it does not detect the boot and stays in a loop looking for all the devices (network cards, etc...).

Can anyone help me with this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!