Proxmox VE 6.4 available

Hi there, does an upgrade from PVE 6.2 to 6.4 need two upgrade steps or is a straight jump up OK?
It is OK, we generally try hard to make upgrades inside the same major release possible.

But still, any oddity of an older minor release may have been half-forgotten, and it's not ideal to pause upgrades (which include security upgrades) for a prolonged time period. In general, I'd recommend updating more frequently, I can imagine that daily is not possible for all setups and the administration/maintenance time one has available for them, but upgrading with a period between weekly to monthly should be doable for most setups and result in a smaller upgrade delta and a more secure system.

Anyhow, tldr: yes :)

Reactions: linux
In general, I'd recommend updating more frequently, I can imagine that daily is not possible for all setups and the administration/maintenance time one has available for them, but upgrading with a period between weekly to monthly should be doable for most setups and result in a smaller upgrade delta and a more secure system.

Many thanks for writing back so quickly Thomas. Great to know that it should be smooth sailing! (UPDATE: All went well, thanks!)

Absolutely re: updates - the onus is on my shoulders. PVE was our start with Proxmox - the ISO Images page for PVE listed 6.3 & 6.2.
Being used to other software vendors, we assumed it was a more drawn-out release cycle and that 6.3 would be close to bleeding-edge.

Should've gone with 6.3 to begin with and stepped up to 6.4 from there. You live and learn! We're deploying PMG now, and went with 6.4.x. :)

Last edited:
If it's easy, please expand the window of add PCI device, or add side scroll the window.
If mdev is supported, then it is not visible what parameters each device has. Thanks.

Attachments

• pci_mdev_001.png
    pci_mdev_001.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 19
  • pci_mdev_002.png
    pci_mdev_002.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 17
  • pci_mdev_003.png
    pci_mdev_003.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
If it's easy, please expand the window of add PCI device, or add side scroll the window.
If mdev is supported, then it is not visible what parameters each device has. Thanks.
You can already make the existing colums wider, which should add side scrolling.

But yes, some improvement of the default width, or see if that information can be rendered easier to grasp in general seems sensible to do.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!