Proxmox VE 2.0 rc1 released!

i've installed RC1 and when configuring ldap in auth settings i can't see any way to filter ldap query. on most servers we usually only allow to appear on system (getent passwd) a subset of our whole user tree.

is that possible in PVE 2?

i've installed RC1 and when configuring ldap in auth settings i can't see any way to filter ldap query. on most servers we usually only allow to appear on system (getent passwd) a subset of our whole user tree.

We do not automatically import any user (you need to add/enable them manually). LDAP is only used to verify the password.

Hi There,

I have px 2.0 rc1 running with an KVM windows xp but i cannot get the audio card working for windows xp, when i add the args: -soundhw all to vm100.conf i could not get the vm to run, i have a stream server for the hotel.

Thanks

I know the official and safe answer to this, but is RC1 close enough to finished that anyone here would use it for a low performance production server? Is it roughly on par with 1.9 now anyway?

We use it on production, 2 servers with about 20 CT in each one.

We dont have more CT because have a non optimal hardware, no physical RAID controller and dont have write-back mode as option :(

My entire enterprise of Windows 2003/2008 R2 servers are running on this. 100 users, 80GB exchange 2003 with two front ends, BES server, AD, etc. 17 windows servers and 6 Linux/BSD on two physical Dell R410's with 32GB ram each. Barely gets above a .5 load and with KSM uses less than 20GB on each. Works like a champ and when it's time to expand, I get another R410, have it up and running in about 15 minutes and migrate some VM's. Awesome!

Networking, backups, and ISO's are the only annoyances I have. VMWare spoiled me.

I´m change my remote machine then i gain a oportunity to make a test try migrate to lenny to squeeze. I removed every packages from pmox 1.9. Upgrade to debian squezee and try install packages of 2.0 without sucess.

pve kernel up and running but dont started bridged interface remote team put eth0 and bringup the machine. I make dump of every machine to try a simulated "migration". Some data on /var/lib/vz then i move the data and restore the dump of machine without data directories and move back thats my idea.

I recive some errors. i have more 2 days for any tests. anyone have any idea? If upgrade or reinstall over existent machine can be done i need buy a new machine for upgrade every pmox 1.9 instalation.

Now all machines of this machine ready migrated to pmox 2.0 and all on prodution enviroment on new machine squeeze fresh install. But i can´t use existent machine with lenny upgrated to squezze for install pmox 2.0 i try many times without sucess. I don´t need upgrade just a complete reinstall using existent machine.

dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of proxmox-ve-2.6.32:
proxmox-ve-2.6.32 depends on pve-manager; however:
Package pve-manager is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing proxmox-ve-2.6.32 (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libpve-access-control:
libpve-access-control depends on pve-cluster; however:
Package pve-cluster is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing libpve-access-control (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of qemu-server:
qemu-server depends on pve-cluster; however:
dpkg: error processing qemu-server (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of redhat-cluster-pve:
redhat-cluster-pve depends on pve-cluster; however:
dpkg: error processing redhat-cluster-pve (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of vzctl:
vzctl depends on pve-cluster; however:
dpkg: error processing vzctl (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of resource-agents-pve:
resource-agents-pve depends on redhat-cluster-pve; however:
Package redhat-cluster-pve is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing resource-agents-pve (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of fence-agents-pve:
fence-agents-pve depends on redhat-cluster-pve; however:
dpkg: error processing fence-agents-pve (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clvm:
clvm depends on redhat-cluster-pve; however:
dpkg: error processing clvm (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libpve-storage-perl:
libpve-storage-perl depends on clvm; however:
Package clvm is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing libpve-storage-perl (--configure):
Errors were encountered while processing:
pve-cluster
pve-manager
proxmox-ve-2.6.32
libpve-access-control
qemu-server
redhat-cluster-pve
vzctl
resource-agents-pve
fence-agents-pve
clvm
libpve-storage-perl

I have 2 days for tests before drop the remote machine and i can put the machine for senior team tests. i keep some data on /var/lib/vz and this monted and i dumped 2 machines for tests one KVM with windows and one openvz. my /etc/hosts is correct any ideas?

we will release the upgrade script very soon, so please wait for 1.9 to 2.0 upgrades.

Hi!, i have a little question for proxmox forum guys :D
We're testing the new release candidate to use it in the future in our production servers.
We've installed proxmox 2.0 -8d4f53a0-20 (downloaded from the proxmox website).
But... we faced a problem when we need to install iscsi-scst package and have it as a module too, to export a iscsi target (tape device in this case).
Anyone could help us? please we're really interested in using proxmox 2.0

Thanks in advance!
Maximiliano (from Argentina).

P/D: any estimated date for the release of version 2.0??

I try help today lenny repositories droped. I belive No more updates to lenny.

Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Err http://debian.mirror.iweb.ca lenny/main netselect 0.3.ds1-12.1
404 Not Found [IP: 70.38.0.135 80]
Err http://debian.mirror.iweb.ca lenny/main netselect-apt 0.3.ds1-12.1
404 Not Found [IP: 70.38.0.135 80]
Failed to fetch http://debian.mirror.iweb.ca/debian/pool/main/n/netselect/netselect_0.3.ds1-12.1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 70.38.0.135 80]
Failed to fetch http://debian.mirror.iweb.ca/debian/pool/main/n/netselect/netselect-apt_0.3.ds1-12.1_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 70.38.0.135 80]
E: Some files failed to download

I´m searched on us repositories for lenny or old stable dist everyting appers totally droped.

I´m using basic features running 2 windows machine with KVM and 2 linux instances with openvz. High traffic aplications on linux. I have a little latence problem on one windows machine but on rest everyting is fine. For me appers ready production servers. You try install kernel-headers package and compile your module? I don´t no if pmox kernel is avaliable with apt-get source try put source line for pmox repository and customize your kernel to include your module.

Hi!, i have a little question for proxmox forum guys :D
We're testing the new release candidate to use it in the future in our production servers.
We've installed proxmox 2.0 -8d4f53a0-20 (downloaded from the proxmox website).
But... we faced a problem when we need to install iscsi-scst package and have it as a module too, to export a iscsi target (tape device in this case).
Anyone could help us? please we're really interested in using proxmox 2.0

Thanks in advance!
Maximiliano (from Argentina).

P/D: any estimated date for the release of version 2.0??

Hello

It would best I think for you to post a new thread.

best regards,
Rob

We was also unable to compile SCST for newer kernels, so we never included that in newer kernel releases. Instead we include the iscsi_trgt module. But
that does not support tapes AFAIK.

Support and Updates for Lenny were cancelled in February...
I have the same problem.

Time to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 :)

Feedback is good, i think it is stable enough.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!