Proxmox SSL Error Fixing

you can just delete the keys and certificates, and run "pvecm updatecerts -f" ?

if you delete the certificates and corresponding keys, everything will be regenerated! please post the exact version you are using, and which commands you run (including deletion of old existing files)

i upgraded my proxmox 3.x to 4.4 kernel is: pve-kernel-4.4.95-1-pve

After upgrade i removed certificates and run "pvecm updatecerts -f" and only generated pve-root-ca.pem.

Because of that i got this error: "kvm: -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/NODENAME.vnc,x509,password: Failed to start VNC server: Our own certificate /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem failed validation against /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem: The certificate hasn't got a known issuer"

After all these things I wrote my own method.

If there is a question, it is from me, but I wrote that someone like me would find the solution if they encountered this situation.

you need to remove the node certificates as well to regenerate them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!