pilotlandon

Apr 28, 2023
Good afternoon, I was curious if anyone has experienced proxmox resetting some of its network settings after reboot. I cold reboot the server and the host ip changed back to the default ip of 192.168.1.100. The vrbr0 still held my static ip however. I changed the host back but have lost connectivity to the server and it is only accessible through the iLO and VGA port. I have been trying to fix the issue checking the subnets and IPs everywhere I know as well as the default route. Gateway and subnet is configured correctly. The server is an HPE DL380 Gen 10 server. Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.

Never heard of such a thing.
Do you maybe installed a desktop environment (which usually installs some additional network manager packages screwing up the PVE network config)?
Do you got DHCP setup anywhere?

You could show us your "/etc/network/interfaces".

I have attached some screenshots of current config. Still not accessible. No DHCP on this interface. Still can't ping the gateway 10.55.1.1, subnet seems correct as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 4.58.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 4.58.45 PM.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 4.59.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 4.59.10 PM.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 5.00.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 5.00.21 PM.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have been debating about reinstalling to get things back going again but it is probably more important that I find the root cause of the issue since I am trying to run this in an enterprise environment.

No, other devices in this subnet are accessible from my computer. The proxmox server can not ping other devices in the subnet either. I can also verify that no router or switch configuration changes occurred. Proxmox seemed to crash I couldn't delete VMs. So I decided to mark that the VMs should not start on startup with hopes they wouldn't start so I would be able to delete them and I rebooted the server and then this is when proxmox became inaccessible after the reboot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!