Proxmox Repository extremely slow - Homepage, Wiki & Forums too

hajowe

Oct 3, 2014
Hy there,

I have a problem when I access any Proxmox server (Homepage, Wiki, Forums, Repository)
When I try updating Proxmox (with Enterprise Repository) it is so extremly slow that I get errors:

"Empty reply from server"
"Operation too slow. Less than 10 bytes/sec transferred the last 120 seconds"

And when I access the wiki or the forums it takes a very long time to load.
I have this problem for weeks now and have configured nearly everything on my operating system, router (FritzBox) and so on.
This happens only when I test Proxmox at home - in the datacenter it is fast as always.

Does anyone have this problem, too? Are there special configurations on the proxmox side so I get these errors (MTU?).
I don't have any extraordinary configs on my network, I tested it with IPv6 and with IPv4-only, too.

I'm very frustrated because I can't update Proxmox because it is SO slow. Sometimes it transferes some KiloByte, so there is a connection.

Thank you for any help!

Thanks for your fast reply.

I'm located in germany, near munich. My internet provider is "M-Net".
Can't think of anything which could cause this problems..

works also for me (Vienna; Europe).

I know discovered the source of the problem: The FritzBox router software.
There is also a problem with SSH connections and Twitter, there will be an update from the manufacturer "AVM" soon:

http://avm.de/nc/service/fritzbox/f...lner-Anwendung-kein-Internetzugriff-moeglich/

The router model is "FritzBox 7390" with firmware software version 6.20

Sorry for all the inconvenience!
Can be closed.

Thank you. That solved some issues for me too today :)

@udo: This problem is not proxmox related. The home internet-connection is slow, then the forums are slow and everything else too, because AVM did release a router-firmware version with bugs. And AVM also said that SSH-Connections can be slowed down too due to this issue (which also applied for me).

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!