[SOLVED] Proxmox, OpnSense, Open vSwitch slow uploads

tl5k5

Jul 28, 2017
In the last few days I've just started recognizing I have an problem, but i'm sure it's been happening over the last 2-6 months.
I have a small Proxmox server that runs OpnSense with a dual port Intel NIC as my firewall for my home internet.
On systems external to this Proxmox server, i only get .2-2 Mbps upload. On a secondary VM hosted on this same server hosting the OpnSense, I get my expected 10-12 Mbps.

Before I discovered the correct upload speed on that VM, I originally thought I might have some bad hardware. So I built up a little Optiplex (Realtk NIC) at work with Proxmox/OVS (deploying my original /etc/network/interfaces file) and then proceeded to install OpnSense and restoring my backup config from home. It also had the same slow upload speed to external clients so I thought it had to be my OpnSense config.

Now that the secondary VM on my home Proxmox server has the correct upload speed, I suspect OVS is the issue.
Any ideas on how to fix this or other thoughts on what it might be?
Thanks in advance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!