Proxmox keeps on restarting

ryanjunior

Dec 25, 2020
Greetings.

My proxmox 6 host keeps on restarting sporadically. I tried to search the contents from the log file over the internet without any success. Could someone please help me find out the reason behind it?

I have attached the log file and would appreciate any pointer on it.

Sorry for the long file.

Ryan

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    182.4 KB · Views: 9
You got 8 SSDs connected to a megaraid controller and you are using zfs. Is that raidcontroller working in HBA mode without raid functionality if you use that SDDs for ZFS?

Hey, thanks for replying.

Sorry, I am not much familiar with these things. All i did was installed the proxmox on server and then created a vm on it.

Could i check something further?

Ryan

Thanks, below is the output of requested command.
```
root@mn7:~# zpool status
no pools available

```

No clue how @Dunuin jumped to the conclusion that you have zfs.
Maybe he can elaborate further.

Could you please share more Details about your setup and when exactly the reset happened?
Could it be an overheating issue perhaps?
An out of memory condition or a memory failure?
Does your drac show any events?

No clue how @Dunuin jumped to the conclusion that you have zfs.
Maybe he can elaborate further.

Could you please share more Details about your setup and when exactly the reset happened?
Could it be an overheating issue perhaps?
An out of memory condition or a memory failure?
Does your drac show any events?
I just saw 8 SSDs in the logs and a some ZFS logs, so I thought maybe ZFS is used but with the raid controller in raid mode what could have caused troubles. If you don't use ZFS thats all fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!