Proxmox IGMPv2 to IGMPv3

ddig88

Jul 9, 2020
Hello,

I'm new on this forum. We use Proxmox v5.4-13 to manage one cluster with four nodes on site. Is it possible to use IGMP v3 instead of IGMP v2? Maybe a way to implement it?
Thank you.

Regards,

Deny

Hello Tom,

I appreciate your quick reply. Unfortunately we are aware that we should upgrade to 6.x ASAP. Nevertheless, we don't have enough time right now so I was hoping if there was a workaround to use IGMP v3 instead of IGMP v2. Judging from your reply, there isn't any? Am I correct? Thank you.

Regards,

Deny

Hello Tom,

I appreciate your quick reply. Unfortunately we are aware that we should upgrade to 6.x ASAP. Nevertheless, we don't have enough time right now so I was hoping if there was a workaround to use IGMP v3 instead of IGMP v2. Judging from your reply, there isn't any? Am I correct? Thank you.

Regards,

Deny
if your igmp querier in your network send igmpv3 queries, your proxmox hosts should repond with igmpv3 reports.

it's possible to force version with

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/force_igmp_version

https://sysctl-explorer.net/net/ipv4/force_igmp_version/

Hello Spirit,

Thank you for your input. We will check it out ASAP.

Regards,

Deny

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!