[SOLVED] Proxmox fresh install on x99 motherboard & xeon CPU freezes at beginning

Blackdir

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everybody
I'm a real newbie in terms of proxmox but I had good knowledge of Linux in past life.

I'm at my first install of proxmox on an x99 motherboard with Xeon E5 2670 CPU, 32GB RAM, 2 NVME, 1 hdd
Every component was tested under windows and it is working fine.

Now when I boot from USB stick with proxmox v. 6.2 installation program, it freezes after few seconds with multiple messages saying

cpu srcid #0 ha #0 channel #0 has dimms but ecc is disabled

Is it a known problem? Shall I boot with some specific parameter? (BTW how can I pass boot parameters to the kernel?)

Any hint will be very much appreciated

Thanks
blackdir

SOLVED: It was probably a matter of bad bedia / flashing error... I reflashed with balenaetcher the proxmox iso and... Same message, but the installation proceeded and I was able to complete it

My bad: sorry for the confusion

SOLVED: It was probably a matter of bad bedia / flashing error... I reflashed with balenaetcher the proxmox iso and... Same message, but the installation proceeded and I was able to complete it

My bad: sorry for the confusion

I'm having this error, even after trying out several usb thumbdrives, as well as with 6.2/6.3, and balena or other windows iso flashing apps. Still have no idea why

I've got exactly same error to my setup:" HUANANZHI X99 T8 X99 Motherboard with Intel XEON E5 2678 V3 with 2*16G DDR3 RECC memory. anybody to help here?
thank you

can you give me more info, what to do with that tool?

Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files.
With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the image files to the USB drive and boot it. You can copy many image files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them.
x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI and MIPS64EL UEFI are supported in the same way.
Both MBR and GPT partition style are supported in the same way.
Most type of OS supported(Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/ChromeOS/Vmware/Xen...)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!