Proxmox Fails Boot - No Error

Zeravnos

Feb 20, 2024
Good morning, all! This is my first post here, and I'm only making it because I truly couldnt figure this one out on my own.

The other day I shut down my 3 nodes in my homelab server rack to unplug it and get all the dust behind and around it. Upon rebooting, my main node seems to have failed to boot. Attached is a photo of where it get stuck in the boot sequence after 'quiet' is removed from boot parameters. I allowed it to sit at this screen for a few hours and there was no movement. Oddly, it seems like using Rescue Boot from the live usb gets me to the same place.

I've not yet ripped out the boot drive and tried it in another system (as getting in there is a bit of a pain), but I was hoping perhaps maybe one of you in these forums may be able to identify this issue from the picture provided, and offer a few things to try in order to get in. In reality, I wont miss any of my VMs or containers too badly if I have to wipe it all out, but I do have a TrueNAS Scale container that I'd very much like to get the data off of at the very least.

Attachments

• Proxmox Stuck.jpg
    Proxmox Stuck.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 9

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!