Proxmox bootup failure with NIC cards connected

cmanoussakis

Dec 29, 2021
Dear All,
I have recently bought 6 Dell R820. On all I have installed Proxmox. On 4 of these, when the NIC cards (2) are connected the servers cannot start. Following the initial server bootup, and the message "Starting Grub" a text screen (I have never seen it before) which says:
An error occured while terminal boot
ERROR: Too many network cards. Remove all but one.
Please, correct the error and continue.
WTware v.6.0.62 http://wtware.com/doc.html email:support@wtware.com

and the system stops there. If I reboot and remove BOTH UTP, the systems boot up normally.

Any ideas?
Thank you all!

Attachments

• 1640767379286.JPEG
    1640767379286.JPEG
    107.5 KB · Views: 10
Did you install `wtware`? It seems to be a thin client software?
If you didn't install it yourself, maybe reinstall PVE and make sure you're booting from the right disk.

Good morning. Happy New Year to All.
This is a fresh install. Proxmox latest build. These servers had nothing on them, new SAS hard disks installed. No other USB/CD in system.
They boot ONLY when there are no NIC cables inserted.
I assume that there is no WTWARE in the proxmox installation package....

Thank you.

If your boot is normal without a network connection and you get this WTware screen with your network connected, I would assume you are booting from the network (which has this WTware running somewhere), no?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!