[SOLVED] proxmox-backup-client namespace syntax

dubdub

Jun 9, 2021
I'm having problems with the --ns option for proxmox-backup-client.

I can back up a client directory to the Root Namespace, as expected, using the following:
proxmox-backup-client backup --backup-type host clientdata.pxar:/path/to/client/data --repository root@pam@192.168.1.10:8007:backups

I then added a namespace named "test" via the PBS GUI. But this command:
proxmox-backup-client backup --backup-type host clientdata.pxar:/path/to/client/data --repository root@pam@192.168.1.10:8007:backups --ns test

reports: parameter 'ns': schema does not allow additional properties.

I'm on PBS 2.2-1, and proxmox-backup-client version reports client version 1.1.14

I'm assuming I'm missing something basic, so grateful for any help.

What's your pveversion -v? Your client is a bit outdated, current version is 2.2.3 :) If you update the backup-client, it should work.

Unfortunately I'm trying to run proxmox-backup-client from a client using buster (openmediavault v5), for which the latest version is 1.1.14 - which means (I think) I have to upgrade the client to bullseye (i.e., OMV v6) first.

Reactions: Matthias.
Just to follow up, I upgraded to OMV6 (bullseye) and the proxmox-backup-client backup command using namespaces worked.

Many thanks.

Reactions: Matthias.
Great! If you want, you can mark this thread as solved by editing the title :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!