[SOLVED] Proxmox and VM over NAT

gabriel-joy

Aug 3, 2022
Proxmox has multiple VMs with their own IPs used successfully to connect to an external Wireguard server and to internet.

The exception is one of the VMs is configured to use NAT in such way to access the internet and the Wireguard server.
The VM over NAT successfully connects to internet but does not connect to the Wireguard server and I don't have any clue why.

Here it is the Proxmox interface, any ideea? Do I need to specify something about the Wireguard UDP port?

auto vmbr10
#private sub network - nat on proxmox

iface vmbr10 inet static
address 192.168.10.1/24
bridge_ports none
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '192.168.10/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '192.168.10/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
post-up iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i fwbr+ -j CT --zone 1
post-down iptables -t raw -D PREROUTING -i fwbr+ -j CT --zone 1

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!