Proxmox and Debian disagree on disk usage

tDAWGe

Feb 13, 2018
I'm new to proxmox and setting up our first server at work. My system is setup with 2 SSD OS drives with a hardware RAID 1, and two 2TB drives with a hardware RAID 1. The 2TB drive is mounted at /mnt/storage and it's where I've created my storage, isos, backups, etc, directories.

Currently I'm having a problem where Proxmox and Debian see disk usage completely different from each other. For example:

On my /mnt/storage debian see's 7% usage, 1.6T available:

Code:
root@proxmox:/mnt/storage# df -h
Filesystem                      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                             32G     0   32G   0% /dev
tmpfs                           6.3G  9.7M  6.3G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root             34G  6.0G   27G  19% /
tmpfs                            32G   43M   32G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                            32G     0   32G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/storage-storagevol  1.8T  111G  1.6T   7% /mnt/storage
/dev/sdb2                       253M  288K  252M   1% /boot/efi
/dev/fuse                        30M   20K   30M   1% /etc/pve
tmpfs                           6.3G     0  6.3G   0% /run/user/0

Yet, proxmox is reporting the drive is completely full:
Can't post links yet as I'm too new... if someone could help me out? htt ps :// i.im gur . c om/ bKiRJ9F.png

This has happened to me multiple times in the weeks that I've had it and I can't figure out why the discrepancy. Can anyone help me out? Not even sure where to start as the linux side of things seems accurate.

Hi,

Yes you are using an LVM as storage type.
But if I'm correct you have already used this space for the ext4 what is mounted under /mnt/storage.
So if you like to use it this way you have to use "Dir" as storage type.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!