Proxmox and Ceph - Module 'volumes' has failed dependency: No module named 'distutils.util'

victorhooi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,

I've rebuilt a new Proxmox 6.2/Ceph 15.2.6 cluster, and I noticed this error both in the UI, and under ceph health:

Code:
# ceph health detail
HEALTH_WARN Module 'volumes' has failed dependency: No module named 'distutils.util'
[WRN] MGR_MODULE_DEPENDENCY: Module 'volumes' has failed dependency: No module named 'distutils.util'
    Module 'volumes' has failed dependency: No module named 'distutils.util'
Is this some kind of Python/packaging error? (I'm using the Proxmox provided Ceph packages).

Has anybody else seen it, or know what the fix is?

Thanks,
Victor

seems like a dependency on 'python3-distutils' is missing in 'ceph-mgr-modules-core'

I just ran "apt install python3-distutils" on all nodes in my cluster, and I am still seeing that error.

I even rebooted the node, same error.

Any thoughts?

Hello all. Same issue popped up for me in the last couple of days some time. I imagine with the recent proxmox upgrade, but ceph also bumped up a version.

Similarly, I installed the noted package no all nodes, and am unable to `ceph health` without:

`HEALTH_WARN Module 'volumes' has failed dependency: No module named 'distutils.util';`

I just ran "apt install python3-distutils" on all nodes in my cluster, and I am still seeing that error.

I even rebooted the node, same error.

Any thoughts?

I think you might need to restart ceph-mgr on all nodes after installing the package..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!