Proxmox 7.2 on HP Microserver Gen8

vdias

May 3, 2021
Trying to install the actual proxmox version on my old Gen8 server... but it keeps failing to initial boot.

I'm trying to install proxmox on local SDD connected to the ODD port...

Any step-by-step tutorial for install and boot over SD?

I have the same issue. Tried to install from USB, from local ISO file and it is not working...
Error message: "end kernel panic not syncing no working init found"
Any ideas to solve this issue?

Simply install a proper working version. disconnect your modem, instal Prox 7.1, add the 8-10 setting for enable passthroug and run any vm.

Hi,
sorry for the poor english, I had the same problem with my HP Microserver Gen 8 an PVE.
The problem is caused by the "issue" that you can't boot from the ODD Port (SSD) with the installed PVE.

Solution:
You need a Chainloader / GRUB Chainloader on a USB Stick to select the SSD as the boot-device.

Sorry, I am wrong.... ;-) You're at the installation-step, the bootloader is necessary for the boot-process after installation on the SSD.

Last edited:
Hi,
sorry for the poor english, I had the same problem with my HP Microserver Gen 8 an PVE.
The problem is caused by the "issue" that you can't boot from the ODD Port (SSD) with the installed PVE.

Solution:
You need a Chainloader / GRUB Chainloader on a USB Stick to select the SSD as the boot-device.

Sorry, I am wrong.... ;-) You're at the installation-step, the bootloader is necessary for the boot-process after installation on the SSD.
Or simply install Proxmox or Grub on SD Card.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!