Proxmox 6.0 + Windows 10, VM often goes black + CPU 80%

We run plenty of OS's. Either way, good luck with your endeavours!
I guess not a dev company ;)

Normally a code is not accepted unless works with very wide number of cases.

Proxmox failing in 10% for us is completely broken.

Especially that ESXI is using much wider selection of OS including some specific hardware virtualization.

Nothing failed in last couple years.

Keep dreaming that proxmox is a good investment.

You think that you've saved few dollars. Soon reality will catch up.

Anyway thos posts are not for blind fans.

Mine posts are for other companies looking into a proxmox.

We are a software company, been on proxmox for over 7 years. Nothing to dream about here, its reality for us. Allready proven itself time and time again.

We are a software company, been on proxmox for over 7 years. Nothing to dream about here, its reality for us. Allready proven itself time and time again.

Again, who cares that it is working you.

Have you heard about black box testing ? So Proxmox is failing, ESXI is not.

Nobody cares that it is working for you, same when you write tests, nobody cares that 90,000 tests were run fine if in 1 case it is failing. Means that requirements/constraints weren't fulfilled.

Download Proxmox (fresh) => install => Install Windows 10 => Update => wait for:
1. Black screen (vncproxy cannot connect)
2. Unresponsive VM (CPU 80% however not working properly)
3. Resetting VM without logs
4. Resetting host

Don't even get me started when we run it on i9 9900k + GTX 1080
on i9 9900k + NVME (esxi is working on a same machine perfectly fine)

This test machine actually is a machine that we are using very often for machine learning which is a core service to our customers.

Do not reply with same silly answer. IT IS WORKING FOR ME.

Issue was replicated on couple machines (not mentioning ton's of other issues) and simply proxmox is not only failing to run, but what more important, it is failing to log the exceptions.

Unacceptable in business environment, at least if you want to offer high quality to your customers (I know and saw "dev" companies run like in pre-school with code base without test, without any structure, I guess you know what I am talking about).

Developer saying that edge case doesn't matter, well.. Shouldn't be in this field and you should change the industry.

@fellow1033 , we understand that you do not like Proxmox VE. this is a support forum for Proxmxo VE, so if you have question just ask, all the rest what you post is not that interesting for our community and off topic.

Seems you were hit from a Microsoft issue, so check the links posted from our well known forum members.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!