Proxmox 5.2 et multi vlan

laurentG

Jul 27, 2018
Hello

I read the documentation and the forum but I still can not manage with the vlans.
It must be said that my English is weak.

I use proxmox 5.2 on 1 server with 4 network interfaces:
- eno1 I have a classic ip configuration that allows me to access my server (ssh and proxmox interface). It is in my server vlan, switch port in the same vlan

- eno2 - vmbr0
I configured the port side switch "trunk" and I would like to pass the ensnble vlan through this port. vlan3340 for example

I have a vm under windows that I declared in my subnet which corresponds to the vlan3340 of my server dhcp

I tried full configuration but without result, hence my request for help.

What would be the simplest solution?

thank you,

Bonjour

J'ai lu la documentation et le forum mais je n'arrive toujours pas à m'en sortir avec les vlans.
Il faut dire que mon anglais est faible.

J'utilise proxmox 5.2 sur 1 serveur avec 4 interfaces reseaux:
- eno1 j'ai une configuration ip classique qui me permet d'acceder à mon serveur (ssh et interface de proxmox). Il est dans mon vlan serveur, port du switch dans le meme vlan

- eno2 - vmbr0
j'ai configuré le port coté switch en "trunk" et j'aimerai faire passer l'ensenble des vlan par ce port. vlan3340 par exemple

J'ai une vm sous windows que j'ai declaré dans mon subnet qui correspond au vlan3340 de mon serveur dhcp

J'ai essayé plein de configuration mais sans resultat, d'ou ma demande d'aide.

Quelle serait la solution la plus simple ?

merci,

Hi
I almost reset everything but here it is:
auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
address 192.168.1.10
netmask 255.255.255.224
gateway 192.168.1.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.33
netmask 255.255.255.224
brigde_ports eno2
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
bridge_vlan_aware yes

on my vm I prexised the vlan 3340

thank you

My switch is a Avaya
3341 is a vlan server
3340 is a vlan admin
but I'll have a dozen vlan to pass on this interface

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 12
and yes the vlan 3340 works very well on physical machines but we do not use the port in trunck

I'm not to familiar with your switches, but what you're trying to accomplish is to pass vlan tagged packets to their respective vlan destinations. normally, you would have a trunk port with a defined untagged vlan and all others tagged but if thats not working you may need to manually define the vlans in an access port.

You can also try to tag the vlan in your vnic, like so:
upload_2018-7-27_10-40-58.png

You can use that to validate the configuration and eliminate the guest as the possible problem.

Hi
I almost reset everything but here it is:
auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
address 192.168.1.10
netmask 255.255.255.224
gateway 192.168.1.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.33
netmask 255.255.255.224
brigde_ports eno2
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
bridge_vlan_aware yes

on my vm I prexised the vlan 3340

thank you
Hi,
you have the network 192.168.1.32/27 untagged on the switchport and the other vlans (3340...) tagged on the Port, where eno2 is connected?

I use normaly tagged vlans only on such an bridge (often you don't need an IP for the pve-host here, or use vlan-tagging too).

Udo

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I have on the switch port or is connected eno2 a default vlan (3341 vlan server) and the option trunk activated which has the effect of tagging all the vlans available on the switch.

I could make a conf like this ?

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
address 192.168.1.10
netmask 255.255.255.224
gateway 192.168.1.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manuel
brigde_ports eno2
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
bridge_vlan_aware yes

VM side I add or not the 3340 tag?
The network card is rather intel or viruelIO?
bridge vmbr0

thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!