Proxmox 5.0 no access to the web page

greenday

Sep 16, 2017
Hello,

I am novice in linux and I wanted to go from esxi to proxmox, so I have to download the iso and install it on stick usb 64 Gb.

Here is the situation:

Server HP proliant microserver gen 10 8 Gb ddr4 xeon 3216, proxmox 5.0 network proximus bbox 3.

Proxmox works normally I can connect live via the host with the terminal, but not with the ip address of the server? configuration of proxmox at installation:
IP 192.168.1.40
mask 255.255.255.0
Geatway 192.168.1.1
DNS 192.168.1.1

Would you have an idea of the error I made to not be able to use the web interface?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,
is pveproxy running?
On the pve-server:
Code:
ss -patn | grep 8006
systemctl status pve-proxy
How looks your bridge/network?
Code:
brctl show
ifconfig -a
are your client (Browser) in the same subnet? Firewall between them, which blocks port 8006?

Udo

Hello,

I found the source of the problem, I mount a proxmox iso on stick usb via the "https://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html" this allowed me to start the server on the usb key and install proxmox on another stick usb in the internal port of the server, something that did not work with Rufus and Yumi!

I therefore deduced that the installation of proxmox had to be done via its future host so that the network card is well integrated by the OS, my first attempts have been unsuccessful because I installed proxmox on usb via my laptop.

Thank you for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!