proxmox 4.1 don't boot

tester

Aug 3, 2014
Hi
I've installed Proxmox 4.1 with 2 disks in a ZFS mirror configuration.
After rebooting the server Proxmox can't mount the pool 'rpool'.
I tried to mount the pool with 'zpool -R /root -N rpool ' as said in the displayed hint and 'zpool import'.
Both give me the that the 'pool is not found' or 'no pools available'
Any ideas ??
tester
EDIT: the /etc/fstab is empty in the new system... How to fix it?

Last edited:
I had a similar problem and it was that the installation didn't seem to like one of the disks in the zfs pool. I managed to overcome this by manually formatting the disks and then rerun the installation and it seemed to work then.

I had a similar problem and it was that the installation didn't seem to like one of the disks in the zfs pool. I managed to overcome this by manually formatting the disks and then rerun the installation and it seemed to work then.

Well I tried the same, but for me it doen't work...

Did you use an real satacontroller in AHCI mode, no HWraidcontroller or special SAS controller with there own bios? Did you use an new HP Workstation for it (Elite Series did not work)?

I installed yesterday with new Proxmox 4.1 ISO ZFS and it works. Tested also for a few days with 4.0 ISO and it works too.

I edit my grub.cfg and add "rootdelay=10" and with this it works like a charm.

It was a Supermicro board with SATA in AHCI mode.
Huch, my fault i forgot, i have also an rootdelay. I do this on every ZFS machines, some HW need this :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!