Proxmox 2.0 RC1 Bug Report/feature request #1

Daraiko

Mar 2, 2012
Danmark
Hi, we have shifted from SolusVM to Proxmox 2.0 RC1, and i must say we are in love!
Great job Proxmox team!
We have a few things we have come across in our testing 2.0 RC1 out ;)Hope it helps.

Bugs Found:

• Shows wrong amount of system (Server node) RAM Our server ScreenShots below shows the RAM found (server has 24GB Total)
    • Using the Default Debian 6 kernel the RAM is fine
    • The Error comes and goes as we restart the server!
    • proxmox 2.0 new kernel_ram prob.PNGproxmox 2.0 old kernel.PNG
  • OVZ Memory usage total show the difference from Vswap-total to Mem-total! (eg. 4GB Vswap and 4GB of memory shows 0kb of VM memory)
  • Manual backup deletes all backup even it set to X numbers of backups.
    • Have a checkbox "Delete previous"
    • Should NOT overwrite older backups by default
Features we think are essential:
  • IP Management
    • A list of IPs with MAC and routing information.
    • See which IPs are free and which are in use.
    • Eliminate the issue of one IP being used twice!
  • Ability to change OS (eg. reinstall) on the fly
    • So the CT does not need to be destroyed and therefore can keep the settings.
  • Possibilty to create a cluster for migration and backup WITHOUT having to use multicast (eg. across datacenters)
    • Just like the older 1.9 Proxmox cluster
    • Ability to choose between the two cluster modes.
  • Making a note or typing a hostname with every IP assigned to a VM/CT.
  • Colums in the top right information pane (eg. 1,2 or 3 col) so graphs can be side by side.
    • Widgets so the graphs can be dragged and dropped.
  • Pools, should be able to set a max number of VMs, Memory, IPs, storage/storage Space in GB, etc.
    • eg. assigning a certain amount of server ressources to a pool for use with VM/CT's or a user to limit that users ressources for creating VM/CT's
  • Nginx instead of Apache2 as frontend which is faster and consume less memory and cpu.
  • HDD usage info is missing?
  • Notes colum beside backup job.
  • Network Traffic MB/GB/TB Counter (For IP/VM/CT)
  • Ability to restart a VM

Kind Regards
Niels

yes ram promlem ? 16 GB SERVER 15.66 PROMLEM ?

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 34
yes ram promlem ? 16 GB SERVER 15.66 PROMLEM ?

djsami,

Im not sure i follow what you meen?

If you have 16 GB RAM installed, then 15.66 GB is the aprox. usable ram.
But our server has 24 GB and only shows 15.66 GB of usable ram.

Kind Regards
Niels

Hello, I'm new in the forum and with proxmox, I have to say the proxmox looks very well, but I found a needed feature for me, I tend to access to my server from a site that have a very slow connection, and if I want to install a KVM machine from a ISO, now I have to download it in my computer, access to proxmox and upload it. Well, what I would say is that could be a option in the storage to download an item from an URL. An other feature that I propose is use noVNC instead of Java, due to the problems with some navigators and the problems if you only want to open the https port of your router. And an other feature could be creating a mobile version of the web responding at the affluence of this type of devices. Sorry for my bad English.
Best Regards
Eduard

You could ssh into the server and use wget to download the iso.

I also feel that this feature would be great, there can be moments when you dont have access to a ssh client or you for some other reason only can access the web interface. The feature would help a lot in these cases.

Just my .02

I also feel that this feature would be great, there can be moments when you dont have access to a ssh client or you for some other reason only can access the web interface. The feature would help a lot in these cases.

Just my .02

You can access the CLI from the web interface.
Click on a node on the left, on the right click the link named Shell.

You can access the CLI from the web interface.
Click on a node on the left, on the right click the link named Shell.

Thank you, everyday you learn something new! =)

Then the only argument would be that it is more elegant to be able to do it from the GUI. I dont know how much the devs would prioritize such a feature, but I would think it would be a good addition as it lets users not familiar with the CLI add images, and also eliminates the need to know where to store the image etc.

One feature i would like into Proxmox, along with the ones proposed in this thread, would be to have a sensors panel into the web interface, meaning besides the CPU and memory usage graphs, I would like to have temperature readings from the host's sensors. CPU and the likes.

Thank You!

One feature i would like into Proxmox, along with the ones proposed in this thread, would be to have a sensors panel into the web interface, meaning besides the CPU and memory usage graphs, I would like to have temperature readings from the host's sensors. CPU and the likes.

Thank You!

A short term workaround is to install gkrellmd and then access that from gkrellm on your desktop (available for Windows as well).

A short term workaround is to install gkrellmd and then access that from gkrellm on your desktop (available for Windows as well).

Thank you for your suggestion but i don't quite follow: you mean that i can access temperature sensors, cpu usage , etc using Gkrellm installed on a different machine?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!