Promix server crashed kind of

Mattias Hedman

Jan 19, 2019
One of my Promox servers running on an old HP Proliant G6 DL380 has a problem, the storage part of the server died yesterday, it is a hardware raid setup.
So the server or system refuses to start without it, is there a way to force start Proxmox and ignoring the missing raid array?

If the boot process gets interrupted, do you have a shell where you can enter commands or login? Hitting the enter key can help to find that out.
If don't have that, does it continue if you wait a few minutes?

If the boot process gets interrupted, do you have a shell where you can enter commands or login? Hitting the enter key can help to find that out.
If don't have that, does it continue if you wait a few minutes?
I did get a prompt yes it also told me to push Ctrl-D to continue booting (which fails and goes back to the same state), I am able to get a log message dmeg and it states "Hey sdc is missing cant continue".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!