Problems with PCie cards, usb card and gpu

frenk970

Jan 20, 2020
Good morning,
I have problems with Windows VMs, I install and everything works, but when I try to integrate an NVidia GPU it crashes every now and then and if I insert a PCie USB Card the VM freezes and Windows does not start, has anyone already had these problems?

If you tell me all the tests and tests to do I will put them here

Thanks in advance,
Francesco

Hi,

How have you got declared your gpu in your configuration?
- blacklisting nvidia-nouveau
- BIOS configuration for iommu group

- Last joke: if your gpu passthrough was working before an update, check in your proxmox web interface if your gpu haven't move of iommu_group :p
I ve already taked two times this joke on my configuration.

Because you have a problem with usb passthrough too, have you checked fìrmware upgrade for your motherboard ?

Best regards,

Hi,

How have you got declared your gpu in your configuration?
- blacklisting nvidia-nouveau
- BIOS configuration for iommu group

- Last joke: if your gpu passthrough was working before an update, check in your proxmox web interface if your gpu haven't move of iommu_group :p
I ve already taked two times this joke on my configuration.

Because you have a problem with usb passthrough too, have you checked fìrmware upgrade for your motherboard ?

Best regards,
I double-checked using the official proxmox guide (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Pci_pa...ows you to,experimental feature in Proxmox VE!) and everything works, the PCie USB card, now I unplugged it, started the server, turned off the server and reconnected it is turned to work, for the GPU it goes a bit randomly

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!