Feb 3, 2022
Hey there,

I´m using proxmox now quiet a while and im exited and very setiesfied with the product.
Im using it at home for my HomeLab (currently 8-9 VMs, no LXC).
I was so satisfied that I bought 2 new Intel Nuc10i7FNK2 with 32 GB RAM and a Patrio P300 (128GB).
But on the new Nucs the Nucs freezes complelty and a soft reset wont fix it. I have to hard reset it via power off and power on with cord or while pressing the On/Off switch until its on.
When I do a soft reset, the PC circles the Boot process and the Nuc tells me that there is no bootable device. if I manually boot it via EFI its also not accessable.
Only the hard reset helps.

Is they're any know issue with the Partiot P300 SSDs or with the Nucs in advance?

my "old" nuc works like a charm, its a NUC7i5DNHE with a 256GB SSD from SAMSUNG and they're the problem doesnt appear.

Has someone an idea?
I tried to change the GRUB Commandline to the following:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on iommu=pt intel_idle.max_cstate=0 nmi_watchdog=1 nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 acpiphp.disable=1 pcie_aspm=force pcie_aspm.policy=performance"
but nothing seems to help. Have someone a hint for me? The internet is basically empty about it.

I could fix it!
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on iommu=pt intel_idle.max_cstate=0 nmi_watchdog=1 nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 acpiphp.disable=1 pcie_aspm=force pcie_aspm.policy=performance"

You have to use this line in your /etc/default/grub and apply this changes with "Update-Grub"

I made a spelling mistake on one node thats why it didnt work.
One of the "new" nucs never restartet anymore, i just checked.

Kind regards,

Attachments

• Uptime.png
    Uptime.png
    2 KB · Views: 6
Hi, you saved me :) Thanks
I have 6 days uptime now.

FYI:
NUC10i3FNKN updated to BIOS v 0057, with legacy boot enabled(disabled UEFI)
PATRIOT P300/128GB P/N:p300P128GM28

Reactions: sysadminfromhell

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!