Problem with VM - garbled novnc

onepamopa

Dec 1, 2019
Hello,

Suddenlty one of my VMs isn't working properly.
I get garbled output in novnc (attached image).

This happens on 2 separate computers (one of which had never opened pve web ui).

After few reboots the VM finally started working (at least - accepting ssh connections), however, the noVNC screen remains garbled.

Can someone help?

Regards,
O

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-04 QEMU (CS-GO) - noVNC.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-04 QEMU (CS-GO) - noVNC.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
as i wrote in the other topic, i believe this is a guest issue, specially with std vga and the ubuntu hwe kernel/xorg stack

as i wrote in the other topic, i believe this is a guest issue, specially with std vga and the ubuntu hwe kernel/xorg stack

The guest was working perfectly fine. No updates were installed on it prior to the problem.
So, I don't think this is a "guest" problem.

The guest was working perfectly fine. No updates were installed on it prior to the problem.
So, I don't think this is a "guest" problem.

On all my tests regarding this issue, it was the described bug in this specific Ubuntu Kernel - to workaround, just use virtio or vmware as virtual grafic card.

Reactions: SlothCroissant
On all my tests regarding this issue, it was the described bug in this specific Ubuntu Kernel - to workaround, just use virtio or vmware as virtual grafic card.

That actually helped.. thanks :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!