problem with drdb9 and proxmox VE 6.0.6

pefman

Sep 2, 2019
Malmö / Sweden
Hey all

I have set up a small cluster on used hardware for a in-house labb environment.
its setup with the linstor plugin.

I have had some huge problems with vm's that i choose to dd straight to the first host. its seems that if i create a disk from start and do a manual debian install, the live migration and ha utilities works perfect! does not matter what i do, its rock solid.

BUT, if i dd a raw image over from the old cluster to the first node it will run fine, but does not seem to replicate all the data for the disk to work when using migrate. I can start stop the vm on the first host where i dd:d to. But when i live migrate the vm boots up with the text "no bootable device found", seems like the drbd is not working perfectly although drbdmon states that everything is in sync.

Anybody that could help me find this issue?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!