[SOLVED] Problem creating storage via cli (pvesm add cifs) since pve 6.1-8

indi

Jun 9, 2016
St.Petersburg
I tried to configure Proxmox to mount the CIFS share for ISO images and backups.
For example, the repository is: bckp, the server: 192.168.1.100, user: backuper

I use the cli:
Code:
/usr/sbin/pvesm add cifs bckp --path /mnt/pve/bckp --server 192.168.1.100 --share bckp --maxfiles 365 --content iso,vztmpl,backup --username backuper
Before that I create /etc/pve/priv/bckp.cred with 0600 permission and root:www-data owner. File consist password=xxxxxxxxx.

Up to pve version 6.1-7 everything is successful, but starting with version 6.1-8, the storage is not mounted with error:
create storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Through the WebUI, everything is still fine. I tried to organize cifs shared on linux servers (samba) and on mswindows. Unfortunately, now there is an opportunity only manually through the WebUI.
Latest servers already have version 6.2-4, but the problem is still unresolved.

Last edited:
hi,

try putting the credential file instead here: /etc/pve/priv/storage/bckp.pw with the contents as you described (password=xxxxxxxx)

Thanks!
Problem is solved!
I need to create two files:
/etc/pve/priv/bckp.cred
/etc/pve/priv/storage/bckp.pw
and after pvesm add cifs worked.

Reactions: oguz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!