[SOLVED] PMG webconsole denying login

KatyComputer

Sep 26, 2019
St Louis
katycomputer.com
I am able to login to PMG using ssh, logging in via webconsole fails. The "Daily Spam Report" url for individual mailboxes is working.

Any ideas? I have tried my normal login as well as the root login I use for ssh.

* How does the login fail? (a screenshot could be helpful)
* Do you login using 'root@pam' or some other user (please provide a redacted version of your 'user.conf'
* Check the logs (try running `journalctl -f` and `tail -f /var/log/pmgproxy/pmgproxy.log` while logging in)
* Try to use a different browser without any plugins installed

I hope this helps!

It fails like: fail.png
I setup a couple non-pam users, they both fail, as does root@pam, redacted user.conf attached.
Hopefully, you'll see something in the attached log.
Chrome, no plugins saved the day.

Thank you.

Attachments

• fail.png
    fail.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 14
  • user.conf.txt
    257 bytes · Views: 15
  • pmgproxy.log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
Do I understand correctly that it does work with Chrome without any plugins installed?
If yes - with which browser(s) does it fail? (check the compatibility list in the docs: https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#system_requirements)
you can also check what your not working browser is sending in the developer console of you browser

The pmgproxy.log that you posted does not show any POST to '/api2/json/access/ticket', which is the url where login happens

Stoiko, I suspect this is occurring because my Let's Encrypt certificates expired in the last week. I hope to have time to figure out how to renew these in the next day or so.
PS: Built-in Let's Encrypt certificate management would be a nice feature :)

Hmm sounds like a possible explanation.

Built-in Let's Encrypt certificate management would be a nice feature
We have it on the roadmap - but no timeframe yet when we will get around to implement this.
(Of course external patches are always welcome - should somebody in the community want to take a look at this)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!