Plex not working - Currently unavailable

eoribndf

Jan 11, 2020
Hello,

I am trying to setup Plex on a CentOS 8 VM in Proxmox. If I SSH into the server and go onto localhost I can view that the server is up and have already had files play perfectly. The problem occurs when I am using the native app. I was asking for this on the Plex forum, but they say that this is the place to ask as Plex is not supported on Proxmox. Any ideas why it is not connecting.

My Mac (user) is on WIFI and the server is connected to a switch that is connected with PoE and they are both on the same subnet. If I am missing any information feel free to ask.

Thanks so much

This isn't really a Q for Proxmox either, however id check:

- Make sure you dont have the Proxmox FW enabled?
- Have you connected plex to MyPlex account?
- From another PC if you go to IP:32400/web does it load?

This is a very common issue like that plex is not working properly and for the solution to fix the server connection connected to the wifi routing with the plex network contact me on Facebook or it can be solved by the manufacturing company from their manual steps.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!