kemil

Jan 6, 2023
I installed ifupdown2 with apt install ifupdown2 and it installed from debian repos instead of proxmox.

now, network connectivity is lost, and my server cannot boot from HD. I just have access to rescue mode.

I tried
Code:
apt update && apt dist-upgrade
, but still server could not restart from HD mode.

in the rescue mode, when I check my network interfaces, it is different than when it was working fine. I will put some output below, Please take a look and suggest some solution.

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure, but proxmox doesn't just use the normal config, it defines using "tap" interfaces firewall-bridge as we all as the vmbr0 bridge which I am not seeing in ur config above. Have you tried to copy the default config from a working proxmox setup?

I am not 100% sure, but proxmox doesn't just use the normal config, it defines using "tap" interfaces firewall-bridge as we all as the vmbr0 bridge which I am not seeing in ur config above. Have you tried to copy the default config from a working proxmox setup?
Yes. I tried the default config copied from a working server. But server is not booting up from HD. I have to again put it into rescue mode and then network is reset.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!