Permission denied (os error 13) after adding synology nfs share

deg

Jul 8, 2022
Hi,
I've some problems adding my synology nas nfs share as a proxmox backup server datastore.
The nfs share is mounted in "/mnt/backup-nfs" and seems to be accessible without any problems. Also "df -h" shows the share:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-08 um 13.39.31.png

After adding the share in pbs as a datastore it seems to work without any error messages. It also creates the ".lock" File and the ".chunks" folder:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-08 um 13.38.49.png

But after completion of adding the datastore following error appears:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-08 um 13.38.15.png

After hours of searching for a solution I'm not sure whats wrong. Maybe someone of you had the same issue...

Thanks in advance!

the datastore directory has to be writable by the 'backup' user of the pbs. is it?
you can show the current files/modes/permissions with:

Code:
ls -l /mnt/backup-nfs

Reactions: Othername
the datastore directory has to be writable by the 'backup' user of the pbs. is it?
you can show the current files/modes/permissions with:

Code:
ls -l /mnt/backup-nfs
Thank you for your reply!

The command shows: "total 0"
Whatever this means?

sorry i meant to write:

Code:
ls -la /mnt/backup-nfs

this will also show the owner/mode of the dir itself

sorry i meant to write:

Code:
ls -la /mnt/backup-nfs

this will also show the owner/mode of the dir itself
Ah okay...so here is your new output.

Code:
drwxrwxrwx   1    backup backup        36 Jul 18   08:34   .
drwxr-xr-x   3    root   root        4096 Jul  8   13:20   ..
drwxrwxrwx   1    backup backup    524288 Jul 18   08:35   .chunks
-rw-r--r--   1    backup backup         0 Jul 18   08:34   .lock

ok that looks normal... could you try to restart the proxmox-backup-proxy/proxmox-backup-api daemons once? also what does the command
'mount' say?

ok that looks normal... could you try to restart the proxmox-backup-proxy/proxmox-backup-api daemons once? also what does the command
'mount' say?
Did a restart from both services, but didn't change anything.
Here is the output from 'mount' (cut down to NAS mountpoint):

Code:
10.1.1.27:/volume1/Proxmox-Backup on /mnt/backup-nfs type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4.1,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=10.1.1.3,local_lock=none,addr=10.1.1.27)

du könntest mal versuchen mit 'local_lock=all' zu mounten, vielleicht kann der server das nicht?
Where do I add the parameter?

(Was hat mich verraten? xD Ich schreibe mal auf englisch weiter, falls jemand mal das selbe Problem hat)

Where do I add the parameter?
to where you added the mount (e.g. /etc/fstab, systemd mount unit, etc)

(Was hat mich verraten? xD Ich schreibe mal auf englisch weiter, falls jemand mal das selbe Problem hat)
ah sorry, idk why i answered in german (probably just looked at the second screenshot in the original post) ;) but yes, let's continue in english...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!