PCI Passthrough problems with audio card , Asus Strix Soar

Doomster

Apr 28, 2024
Hello everyone!
I successfully did PCI Passthrough of my audio pci card by IOMMU/DMAR ( Asus Strix Soar , that uses USB 3.0 controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controller)
However , while using audio device on VM , card randomly stops to work , and after while turns up back . OS of VM is Windows 10 , audioplayer : foobar2000.
It shows error : unrecoverable playback error waiting for hardware timed out.
Also i must say , that pci device is alone in IOMMU group.

Does anyone have some idea how to resolve this problem?

Check windows event viewer first to see what's happening, there should be an entry as soon as the error message appears.

VM Windows eventhandler is clear. Trick is that i can still use my card without any issue on non virtual OS. But i need to use it by Guest OS , via PCI Passtrough. And i did it , but with PCI Passtrough card keeps loosing connection randomly ... On another server i have proxmox installed too , and i am using it with PCI Passtrough to get work with my Nvidia P100 without any kind of problem.

One of walkthrough is using two different hdd/sdd and switching between them by efibootmgr. But for sure , PCI passthrough by Proxmox is become failed in this situation.

Don't think wrong! Proxmox is so grate tool ! Graphic card PCI passtrough is working just brilliant , especially with NVIDIA GRID spoofing trick , but it completely fails when you try to work with PCI audio device.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!