OVMF boot UEFI Solaris distros?

Republicus

Aug 7, 2017
Ive installed a couple open solaris distributions including openindiana and omnios both installing a UEFI bootloader. But OVMF on proxmox reports after install that it is not found. Changing to SeaBIOS does boot. I tried on both PVE 6 and PVE 5.4 with the same results: no UEFI boot to any solaris flavor.

I believe both openindiana and omnios are using the FreeBSD loader. I have yet to try a BSD UEFI install directly however. Has anyone had success with UEFI and an open solaris distro?

Could you post your VM config file?
Code:
cat /etc/pve/nodes/YOUR_NODE/qemu-server/VM_ID.conf

Additionally, what installation files were you using exactly and what settings did you choose during the installation of the VM?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!