Hi guys,

Specs:
System: Dell poweredge R730
Processors: 2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 32.00 GB
Videocard: Nvidia GRID K2

VM Specs:
Schermafbeelding 2024-06-17 231440.png

I have been struggling for a couple of days getting passthrough to a vm to work like i want. I have walked through allot of tutorials and video`s on youtube. And so far i got it to be discovered in windows server 2019. Also the right driver is installed so in device manager it is not asking for the driver.

Strange thing i noticed is that when i select a PCI device in proxmox i see 2 GPU`s but i am only running one GPU in my system. Perhaps i did something wrong as this is my first time working with proxmox.

Schermafbeelding 2024-06-17 231410.png

But when i boot in to the vm and i select the GRID K2 in plex to transcode, it looks like it is transcoding with the CPU not the GPU. How do i know? well the CPU load rises to 80% after i transcode a movie. And when ever i stop transcoding the CPU load drops to like 5%. The same happens when ever i use the other GPU in the list. Seems there is no difference between them as far as i noticed.

Also when i set the GPU as primary GPU the card is no longer visible in the vm...

Somebody please help me fix this problem!

Last edited:
Hi,
i have the same GPU running on my server. The NVIDIA Grid K2 actually has 2 separate GPUs on it. Try opening up your windows graphics settings and setting the K2 for that app instead of letting windows decide, maybe its overriding the app.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!