noVNC sticky key on pve 6.0

Aug 12, 2019
Hi!
I notice that on the new pve 6.0 with noVNC keys like ctrl, shift, and altgr get stucked in the vm when i press them longer then 2 seconds.
For example when i press the shift for 2 seconds then i release it, after that every other key works like shift+KEY and i need to press once more the shift key to stop acting like that.
I have a pve 5.3 and a pve 5.4 without this phenomenon. I work on a windows 10 machine and the keys don't get stucked on the windows.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Yes its very similar to that issue. They may also have this phenomenon with any shift any ctrl and altgr key too.
The latency is about 15-17 ms with ping, seems stable. Pressed keys appear in an instant.
One more interesting thing is when i press long for example the "s" key its not stuck. New "s" characters appear as long as i press down the key, and immediately stops when i release the key.

Could you please check if the key events are coming through? You can get the debug output by adding 'logging=debug' to the URL. So e.g.
Code:
https://localhost:8006/?logging=debug&console=kvm&novnc=1&vmid=100&vmname=vm1&node=n1&resize=off&cmd=
Then open the debug console in the browser were you should see the events.
Are there any plugins installed which might interfere?

I try that, now i attach a screen shot of the console.
proxmox key bug - Copy.png
It seems it sends the key release, but not working.
Scancode 31 is the "s" key and 54 is the left shift.The test scenario was the follow:
1. One s key.
2. Try to hold down the shift key to reproduce the issue.
3. Try one more "s" key. The issue isn't come up.
4. Try to hold down the shift key again to reproduce the issue.
5. Try "s" key again. The issue come up. One more "s" key to see.
6. Fast tap on shift key to resolve the issue.
7. Try "s" key to see is the issue resolved. Yes it is.

I use chrome and try it from firefox too, the issue is the same. I also try it without any browser extension.

Attachments

• proxmox key bug.png
    proxmox key bug.png
    56 KB · Views: 3
Exactly the same problem. Very hard to use. Maximum 5 minutes of intense using of console and Ctrl or Alt or Shift stucks. Sometimes pressing of stucked key helps, sometimes nothing helps, only rebooting of server. This is really awful problem...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!