Not pingable with Intel E1000

Bestbeast

Jul 29, 2016
Hello guys,

I am currently trying to setup a simple bridge between 2 VMs with windows.
I created the following bridge:
1577569147514.png

And then assigned network card to the VM with that bridge on the hardware. I have been trying to ping between my VMs with the model intel E1000, and it has been no possible, but once I changed to virtio it seems to work.
Do you have any clue on why is this happening?

I have other VMs accessing the internet with intel E1000, but using it just to connect 2 VMs, seems not to be working.

Kind regards

You need to enter the E1000 NIC into the Bridge port field.
You mean the physical port, right?

In this case, as I just want virtual switch communication between 2 VMs, I guess I will need to use the virtio card, as if there is no physical port, it won't work, as it is happenning now, right?

Kind regards

You mean the physical port, right?

In this case, as I just want virtual switch communication between 2 VMs, I guess I will need to use the virtio card, as if there is no physical port, it won't work, as it is happenning now, right?

Kind regards
For virtual bridge only, then your config is ok.

lol, really weird, now it is working :/

Don't know why intel E1000 was not working at the beginning and now is.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!