[SOLVED] Not connection to router after installing proxmox on debian 11

sinykkskizm

Feb 7, 2021
I installed debian 11 on my system and wanted to install proxmox on top of that. I've done this with debian 10 before. This time around, I had internet connection. I followed the guide from the proxmox wiki but after running the apt install proxmox-ve postfix open-iscsi and rebooting, I couldn't access the webpage, so I checked on the proxmox host and I couldn't ping google, or the router at all. Not sure what's going on.

Hi,

Please provide us with the PVE network configuration cat /etc/network/interfaces and cat /etc/hosts - cat /etc/hostname and the output of ip a command

Hi,

Please provide us with the PVE network configuration cat /etc/network/interfaces and cat /etc/hosts - cat /etc/hostname and the output of ip a command
I fixed the issue but I'll explain what I did.

As I was gathering the info you asked for, I did a fresh install of debian. I gathered cat /etc/network/interfaces and cat /etc/hosts and ip a pre-installing proxmox so I could see what changes occured post install.

turns out, in base debian 11, /etc/network/interfaces there is a line that reads allow-hotplug eno2 that gets removed when proxmox is installed. After I added that line back into the interfaces file and a restart, my proxmox server resumed connection with the router and I'm able to access the web interface as well.

Thanks.

Glad that you fixed the issue yourself,

Thank you for sharing your solution :)

I'll set this thread as [SOLVED] to help other people that have the same issue

have a nice day

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!