Node unavailable

shotgun

Apr 12, 2012
Hi All,

I'm running proxmox 2.0 on a standalone server (no cluster) all seems ok but on 2 occaisons I've attempted to create vm's (or ct's) and found that there is no node available in the dropdown list. Sure enough, in the tree on left panel my node is red as oppsed to green indicating that it's unavailable.

I'm figuring that restarting one of the services may fix this but I'm not sure which one. I've had this happen on two different nodes so far and both are running the latest versions of proxmox 2.0. A reboot fixes it ok but obviously not a solution as i'm planning to put one of these into production soon.

Other than this everything seems quite stable - I've not had any trouble setting anything up as I'm used to openvz and kvm et al in production anyway.
With the api and user management in 2.0 this could be quite a contender. I'm quite impressed with the performance it's quite a lot better than vmware esxi managed on the same tin.

Thanks
-A

I'm running proxmox 2.0 on a standalone server (no cluster) all seems ok but on 2 occaisons I've attempted to create vm's (or ct's) and found that there is no node available in the dropdown list.

What node in what dropdown list? Maybe you can post a screenshot?

Screenshot attached. This window appears when "Create VM" or "Create CT" is clicked.
In this screenshot everything is normal but when the issue happens there is no node available in the dropdown and the node icon in the left is red.

proxmox-screen.png

I'm running proxmox 2.0 on a standalone server (no cluster) all seems ok but on 2 occaisons I've attempted to create vm's (or ct's) and found that there is no node available in the dropdown list.

Is there a way to reproduce that behavior?

Not that I know of.. It's only happened twice and I only noticed because it couldn't create a VM because there was no node in that dropdown.
As a guess I restarted pvedaemon, pvestatd and apache as well as the browser. (Chrome) in the end I rebooted.
It's hard to detect a pattern from an event that's occured twice but there didn't seem to be anything common. Each time it happened it was on different hardware but the proxmox release was the same. Also in both cases the browser and client os were different. Chrome on Mac in the 1st case and Firefox on Linux in the 2nd.

I have same problem, today i have upgraded to version 2.0 stable and then node is empty , in list shows emty name and cpu, ram usage
proxmox2-add-vm.jpg
screenshot attached (my node name proxmox1 full working, only adding new vm or ct not work.
proxmox2-overview.jpg
server has only one node ...... thanks for any response

******edit
this problem is web ui related and shown only in firefox maybe other , i am tryiing restart full node - then works ok after clearing browser cache

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it exactly. I should point out that in my case the node itself was functioning perfectly it was just the web frontend that showed the node offline.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!