No wifi proxmox in HP800 G3 i5-6500 + wifi intel 8265

Focster

Jun 6, 2023
Good afternoon.
I have mini pc HP 800 G3 intel core i5-6500 + wifi module intel8265
I want it to work only on wifi..
But when I install proxmox I can't configure wifi.. it only works on wired connection for me.
When I put the graphical interface in proxmox, I also did not see the device's wifi and wireless networks there .. but the bluetooth works right away ..
Please help me set up proxmox on wifi.. I don't want to use windows and hyper-v again

Can you post your syslogs? You can export them via the following command:

Code:
journalctl -b > syslog.txt

Please attach the resulting file.

--------

This is probably because the iwlwifi firmware [1] is missing.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

Last edited:
Can you post your syslogs? You can export them via the following command:

Code:
journalctl -b > syslog.txt

Please attach the resulting file.

--------

This is probably because the iwlwifi firmware [1] is missing.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi
Hello. I'm still learning .. But I figured out how to download this file on a PC))
attached it to you)

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    141.7 KB · Views: 1
Good afternoon. Thank you. I looked and now it seems to me that a wifi connection is connected, I determined this in the settings of the router .. But it seems that I lose the wifi connection when I turn off the wired connection .. I understand that the data is transmitted from the network connection to wifi. How can I change the settings so that I receive an Internet connection via wifi when I do not have a wired connection?
I have attached screenshots of my settings.. Thank you for helping me.
Снимок экрана 2023-06-12 в 19.48.34.png
Снимок экрана 2023-06-12 в 19.45.09.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!