No outgoing network connection on private network

pmeeke

Apr 18, 2020
I am trying to setup a private network but seem to running into a few problems. My network set up is as follows:

network-setup.png

So i have a LXC setup on vmbr2 with the network config looking as follows:

private-LXC.png

But no outside network :(. I cannot ping 192.168.1.51 from the LXC, only 192.168.3.0/ sub-net addresses and cannot ping anything outside, eg 8.8.8.8
Within the PVE-host I can ping everything with no problems?

I followed the guides here and here but still nothing :(.

My /etc/network/interfaces file on the host looks like this.

So what obvious points am I missing? I have only been using Proxmox (or any Virtual environment) for little over a month now so do be nice.
My main goal is to use a separate LXC as an nginx proxy to direct subdomains to particular LXC's running on my Proxmox setup.

Ok all networking is working :)

I will post my configs when i get a chance for reference. Next stage is getting this nginx proxy working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!