[SOLVED] No network connectivity with HyperV

LegendaryIT

Mar 9, 2022
HI

I installed HyperV on a VM running on my proxmox server. Now I have the issue, that as soon as I create an external virtual switch connected to my network interface, the network interface has no connectivity anymore. I can't reach any other devices in the same network anymore, which I could before I created the virtual switch and I can reach them again, as soon as I delete that switch.
I enabled nested virtualization, disabled any firewalls, and disabled the MAC filter on the VM.
Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?

This is the network config of the proxmox server and the vm.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 08.43.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 08.43.44.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 08.44.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 08.44.17.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 32
It is on DHCP, I tried with a static ip, not luck either. It works perfectly as long as I have no externe network switch from HyperV bound to it. As soon as I set up the externe Switch in HyperV I don't have any connectivity anymore.

I found the issue. 1. I had to change under Hardware of the VM the Machine to the newest version and second I had to change set the OS Type in the VM Options to Microsoft Windows 10/2016/2019. Now it works.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!