No IPv4 on LXC

You must mean public IPs from your ISP?

If you mean local IPs then that's nearly impossible.

You can just change your /24 subnet [255.255.255.0] to a /23 subnet [255.255.254.0] which would double your available IPs... All the way to a /16 subnet which would allow 65534 available IPs.

For example 192.168.1.0/23
Available IPs: 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.254

So all you should need to do is configure your host with an IPv6 address.
Configure the container network interface for IPv6 DHCP or static.

Reverse proxy sounds interesting. I have to look in to that, maybe you can point me in the right direction, but I'm still wondering if it's possible to run a LXC container without IPv4?

The reverse proxy will act as a sort of gate where all the queries will enter there and be redirected to the appropriate backend server. It means you will only need a single public WAN IP for your proxy and for the backend servers you will use a LAN IP. Way more scalable and easier to manage. The main 2 are Nginx and HAproxy. Here's an article which explain some benefits of reverse proxies.

I cannot comment on IPV6 for LXC since I'm not using it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!