[SOLVED] No internet access for VMs

sylvain65

Sep 21, 2020
Hello community!

I have a big problem on my virtual machines. They don't access to internet. This is a server in our company, not in an external datacenter.
In attachment the configuration of the linux bridge vmbr0 and the network card of the vm windows.
The firewall is disabled for the vm. The ISP address is 192.168.1.254.
vmbr0 address is 192.168.1.12
The virtual machines can ping vmbr0 and machines on the same network but can't acces to internet or ISP router.
So I don't understand. Does anyone have an idea ?
Thank you

Attachments

• netwrk_app.PNG
    netwrk_app.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 265
  • netwrk_windows.PNG
    netwrk_windows.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 247
hi,

can you ping 192.168.1.254 from inside the VM?

can you try setting 192.168.1.12 as gateway in your VM?

the first screenshot is the network configuration from your PVE host? or is it a VM?

can you post the output of:
Code:
cat /etc/hosts
cat /etc/network/interfaces

do you have firewall enabled?

Hello
it was a problem on an intermediate switch. Before the ISP router. I had to completely reset it there didn't seem to be any blocking by mac address or anything else.
Thank you

okay, glad your issue is solved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!