[SOLVED] No boot device found

luukvkop

May 25, 2024
Im new to proxmox and have a small HP elitedesk on which i want to install it.
It just keeps popping up with no boot device found. I have a samsung 990 pro nvme as only drive since i will be testing on this machine.

I disabled secure boot, disabled fast boot, i disabled UEFI (but it didnt see my usb..)
I just downloaded proxmox VE from the website and make a bootable usb with rufus.

Anyone got a clue whats happening?
The nvme still has windows on it, i want to wipe it using the proxmox installer (i read that that was possible)
when i try the lslbk it just shows my usb.
When i try dmesg | grep scsi it doesnt show anything regarding the disk
i also tried the debug mode and the dmesg | grep nvme command but it didnt work..

Can anyone give me a clue about what to do?

Well HP has a funny way of activating ACHI.. turn off the RAID config and some other settings. only then achi will be on.

Reactions: Kingneutron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!