Apr 2, 2017
hello forum!

PVE 4.4.35
GRUB is booting but shortly after I have this PANIC:
deadProxmox.jpeg
deadProxmox2.jpeg

emergency USB boot also stucking in some loop:
deadProxmox3.jpeg

I was cloning some not running VM from webinterface on another running vm, server got frozen on about 53% of cloning, then I'v seen it as on photo 2.

Questions:
1. What is this could be and how to fix it?
2. Luckely (I hope) I just moved from webinterface all VMs Disks to a separate HDD with "move" operation to local, ZFS, so if I plug this HDD to another installation would I be able to acess those VMs disks? Are they containers themselves? Or may I catch em up with corresponding newly built VMs and use as disks for them so they will be same as those vms on lost server?
3. Any other options plz?

Generally I'm using PVE as an advanced desktop with videocard passthrough to WIn and OSX vms. Also I did not boot it till yesterday since few months...

everything was working for about a year and I was about to update and discover how to add a clustered mirror next week... was just ordering same h/w for this - well, hope its not too late
My *ss is on fire!!!
plz help )

Last edited:
plz, nobody can tell me whats happend?
and if VM disks are of any use for recovery?

cheerz!

plz, nobody can tell me whats happend?
and if VM disks are of any use for recovery?

cheerz!

You run the quite outdated version 4, which is out of support since quite some time.

You run the quite outdated version 4, which is out of support since quite some time.
Thanx Tom!
I will try to refraze my quesdtions:
1. may I use zfs lvm and its contents on another PVE install of same or different version of PVE plz? and how to mount it there without destroying its contents?
2. May I use old disks on new VMs and how naming works if I use em on another system?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!