[SOLVED] Nfs share bind mounted issues.

icemox

Aug 23, 2018
Here's a headscratcher for me.

I have a web application that reads files from a folder. Those files are bind-mounted to the LXC container in /path/folder

If the files are in the proxmox host storage pool everything works fine.

BUT if I move those files to a NAS, mount the nfs share to the proxmox host and bind mount said share inside the container apache returns a blank page (without any erros even with LogLevel debug)! I checked and all files are still accessible inside container (I read them one by one including sudo-ed as the www user)

I'm puzzled ...

TL;DR bind mount from host works, bind mounted nfs share doesn't work for apache even if files are still there and readable

You can read the files as the www-user? And this is the same user that should read those files. Have you tried to chmod 777 those files to test if it is really not a permission problem?

I was looking for errors in the wrong place, I should have checked the nfs server. It was a matter of enabling:

systemctl enable rpc-statd
systemctl start rpc-statd

on the NAS machine.

Weirdly enough the web application didn't timeout, it would load blank and didn't complain about anything. Weird but solved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!